Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Conformity vs. Rebellion



There are times in a human life, where one has to give in into conformity, maybe due to peer pressure, or just free will. In my case, high school has probably been the four years that I have fallen into conformity the most. It was a phase of my life in which following what was cool or having new things created an appearance in my spirit which formed new qualities of my persona. This was probably due to the fact that my mind was furnishing itself with new ideas and concepts, and in which everyone’s properties seemed acceptable and even worth pursuing.

It’s funny how it takes me longer to think of a time in which I have stood up (not literally) and not given in. But I would like to recognize that I have had many self-realizations in the past few months, which has placed me in a situation in which I have doubted many things I do and say, and I have ask myself, why do I do this, or why is this the way it is, attempting to answer such questions have made me realize that there are many things that we do because the majority of us do it, so I have propose myself to carb my own thoughts of things which will hopefully lead me to a new life in which I am in full command.


              

No comments:

Post a Comment